Offers, Deals, Discounts and Competitions
It’s Competition Time Again!!!!
The Outer Edge Photo Competition
Fancy a lovely 60m DMM Climbing rope? Then enter our Photo Comp!
Don’t want a climbing rope but know someone that does? Then enter our photo comp!
Don’t climb or know anyone that does but own a dog and find your lead is too short? Then enter our photo comp!
Don’t climb, don't own a dog, don't know anyone with a dog or that climbs but need a new washing line? Then enter our photo comp!
Don’t climb, own a dog or know anyone else that does either and live in a flat with a tumble drier? then this probably isn't the competition for you….. Sorry…..Thanks for looking though….bye..
For the rest of you - here’s how to enter!
We’d like your pictures of UK climbing, hill walking, scrambling or mountaineering that would suit the caption ‘The Outer Edge’.
A picture which captures what it feels (and looks) like to be at your limit. Maybe an image that shows you being physically, mentally or geographically ‘out there’. You get the idea and if you don't then your washing needs taking out of the drier and why are you still reading this..
Stick your pictures on our Facebook page (Www.facebook.com/TheOuteredge) or Twitter feed (@TheOuterEdge21) along with a short description of the who, what and where.
You’ve got until the end of February to do it and in early March we’ll short list our favourites to go back onto Facebook and Twitter for a public vote/like/favourite. You’ll have until the 15th of March to cast your vote/like/favourite and the winner will be the one with the most combined likes/favourites and they will receive a jolly lovely 60m DMM Climbing rope! Nice!
A couple of rules;
The pictures must belong to the person entering!
The pictures must be of a clean, family friendly, non offensive nature - if you’re unsure if yours meets the criteria then email it to us for approval first.
The pictures must be of UK based climbing, hillwalking or mountaineering activities (indoor or out).
By submitting your pictures you are confirming that you are legally entitled to consent to them being used by us for promotional purposes (website, FB and Twitter and other promotional materials). All photo’s will be credited to the photographer.
Next up is the Prize Draw.
We're giving away a great prize to start off your climbing year.
You and a friend (or just you if your not one for sharing!) can receive two days of climbing instruction worth £300.
Just choose from our range of instructional courses detailed here: http://the-outeredge.co.uk/instruction/
It can be any of our courses from our Intro to Outdoors to Learning to Lead either Trad or Sport. You could even combine them having one day of grade progression and one day of improvised rescue and problem solving.. We wouldn't say the possibilities are endless but there are lots of options so you get the idea!
Heres how to Enter;
Like our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TheOuteredge) or follow us on Twitter (@TheOuterEdge21) and leave a comment on our page or tweet us stating which of our instructional courses or combination of you'd like. Easy.
You’ve got until the end of February to enter and all entries will be put into a helmet and the winner drawn in the 1st week of March. Winners will be notified via FB or twitter.
We'll arrange the time with the winner and that can choose the venue from the list below;
Avon and Somerset area, Wye valley, South Wales, Peak District, Portland, Devon or Cornwall
The prize is for instruction only and doesn't include transport, accommodation or food although we will probably buy you an ice cream!
See below for Terms and Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions.
- There are no Cash alternatives.
- Entries from over 18’s only but if you would like to bring your child with you as the second person then thats fine.
- All Courses are run within The Outer Edges booking terms and conditions with the exception of refunds.
- Provision of the chosen instructional activities will be subject to the winners being of an appropriate standard/ability to participate safely. This will be discussed with the winner/s prior to the course.
- All competition criteria must be met to be eligible for inclusion in the draw. i.e FB page liked and comment left or followed on Twitter and tweet posted.
- Only one entry per person for the Prize Draw. Entry via FB and Twitter by the same person will only count as one entry.
- You can submit as many qualifying pictures as you like.
- The prize is for instruction only. The Outer Edge will provide suitably qualified, experienced and insured staff and any/all equipment required if necessary.
- Any photos submitted for photo competitions must; be the property of the person entering the competition, be of a clean, family friendly, non offensive nature. Any inappropriate pictures will not be included.
- The photo competition shortlist is purely at the discretion of The Outer Edge.
- The picture/s must be of UK based climbing, hillwalking or mountaineering activities (indoor or out).
- By submitting your pictures you are confirming that you are legally entitled to consent to them being used by us for promotional purposes (website, FB and Twitter and other promotional materials). All photo’s will be credited to the photographer.
- Any entries or ‘votes’ (likes, favourites etc) received, placed or posted after the deadline will not be included.
- The Outer Edge takes no responsibility for the correct use by completion winners of any climbing equipment given away in its competitions.
- You can enter both the Prize Draw and Photo Competitions.
- The Judge’s (JP Edgington) decision is final.
Let face it, we all love a good deal and so here are ours!!!
Massive savings on Self Rescue/Problem Solving course -21st March 2015 for Basic/Common and 22nd March for more Complex/Rare problems!!
Only £45 per course! Running in the Bristol area.
Why not make the most of the poor weather to increase your skill and confidence in dealing with issues and problems that can arise when climbing outdoors?
You can book for either the Basic/Common or Complex/Rare or both.
21st March - Basic/Common course will look to cover (depending on time and clients requirements):
Principles of safe and efficient problem solving, safe retreat/descent, tying off the belay plate, assisting a struggling second, introduction to rope ascending and minor crag issues (stuck gear, dropped belay plates etc) plus a load of top tips for finding solutions and avoiding issues in the 1st place.
To get the most out of this course you only need to be able to build and tie into a traditional belay but if you're a bit rusty then don't be put off as we can quickly get you up to speed.
22nd March - Complex/Rare course will look to cover (depending on time and client requirements):
Escaping the system (anchors in/out of reach), descending to and evacuating an injured second, introduction to traverse and free space rescues and an introduction to rescuing/assisting an injured leader. plus a load more top tips and neat tricks.
To get the most out of this course you should already be able to: Build and tie yourself into a traditional belay, tie off a belay plate, tie and lock off an Italian hitch and tie a prussic (preferably french). If not then come on the Basic/Common course 1st!
Both courses will run from 9.30-5pm and you will need your basic personal kit like helmet and harness plus prussic loops x2 if you have them. The venue will be in the Bristol area with the exact location being confirmed in the week before the course once a better idea of the weather is available.
If you fancy a course like this but on a different date or location then get in touch with your preferences and I'll see what I can do...